Anyone can be a Money Champion:
You don’t need to be an expert or brilliant at managing money yourself. We can all learn from each other and pass on what we learn to others.
If you’d like to volunteer with us or even just learn more about local services to help yourself, your friends, family, colleagues or neighbours, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Money Champion you will learn about lots of useful tips and local services that are available to help people. You will learn how to talk to people about their money worries and offer vital information that may genuinely help turn people’s lives around.
You can be a Money Champion in any setting:
- At work: adding value to your existing role and the service you already provide to colleagues, clients or customers.
- At home: adding to the support you already provide your friends, relatives and neighbours.
- In the community: through your church or religious institution, local community centre, TRA or support group.
At St Luke’s Hub: volunteer with us to provide Money Champions support to our clients and local partner organisations.
Training & support
All Money Champions will receive free training, delivered in partnership with local social enterprise Money A&E.
Our one day training course covers:
- Local money advice and support services
- How to use our free Money Champions tools and resources
- Important attitudes, values and skills
- Practicalities of being a Money Champion in work and community settings
We will provide ongoing support and invite you to attend regular events to meet other champions, discuss your experiences and develop further knowledge and skills.
We look forward to welcoming you into the Money Champions network. Please follow the link below to sign up! We will then contact you with dates of an upcoming training session.