Who we are
Lambeth Money Champions is a project managed by West London Mission, delivered in partnership with Money A&E and based at the St Luke’s Hub in Kennington. It is a pilot funded by London Borough of Lambeth and working across the whole borough.
What we do
We are a network of people working throughout Lambeth to help others in our communities who are struggling with money worries. Money Champions are experts in;
- Listening to people’s worries and concerns about money
- Reassuring people that there is help available
- Informing people about this help
- Encouraging people to take action and access it
We provide training and ongoing support to all our Money Champions as they carry out their valuable work.
We hope to achieve
Our Vision is that everyone living in Lambeth will know someone that they can trust to talk to about money. The person they speak to will listen without making judgements or assumptions. They will offer tips and useful information, signposting to professional agencies that can help.
After speaking to a Money Champion people feel more:
- Confident to manage problems
- Knowledgeable about where to go for help
- Empowered to take control
- Able to manage in times of difficulty
- Hopeful for a positive future
Money Champions play a crucial role in building financial resilience – both within the individuals they help and throughout Lambeth communities.